Whiskey Jack Base Area
Our Long-Range Plan proposes adding commercial space across the Lake Louise Ski Area and expanding the Whiskey Jack Base Area. Our intent is to achieve balance between on-mountain attractions and base area facilities by improving existing services for our guests and expanding, where necessary, to meet their expectations – all within the growth limits set in the Lake Louise Ski Area Site Guidelines (2015).
Our proposed expansion of the Whiskey Jack Base Area includes:
- Upgrades to the existing Whiskey Jack Lodge by adding a third floor and a minor expansion to the second floor kitchen.
- Building a new day lodge next to the original Whiskey Jack Lodge. The proposed new lodge would house a variety of guest and skier services planned over three floors.
- Washroom, desk and outdoor seating improvements to the Bear’s Den.
- A new Edu-Lodge to be integrated with the proposed re-development of the Sunny Side Learning Area. This new building will include classroom and meeting spaces equipped with modern technology for play, learning and education.
- Expanding Temple Lodge and developing a Temple Operations Building to accommodate more skiers and to service the proposed new lift and ski terrain on Richardson’s Ridge and the Temple Lodge base area.
- Expanding the day care facility.
- Introducing a heli-pad for emergency use.
- Walkways to improve safety for pedestrians in the parking lot area.
- More seating for food and beverage and picnic areas (indoor and outdoor).
Our goal for these proposed projects is to improve the visitor experience, safety and accessibility. New and renovated buildings and facilities will adhere to the design guidelines drafted for the LRP and signage with natural elements that fit in with the wilderness landscape.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Consultation has concluded